It’s a colossal question right? Will or will not duplicate content hurt SEO rankings? If yes, how does it? Look at this keyword ranking report, and you’ll notice Google is telling the webmaster – “I”m terribly confused … Help me understand what’s going on here …”. Meaning, not knowing which url to pick between HTTP [...]
As we all know, Nepal has experienced a massive earthquake of 7.8 richter scale on 5/25/2015. The main tremor which lasted over a minute, which has been followed by 100+ aftershocks. (1906 San Francisco earthquake was in the 7.7–7.9 magnitude.) As of writing of these lines, more than 5,000 lives have been lost, thousands are [...]
8 Changes on Google Trusted Stores: Simplified vs. Classic Model and who is benefited? March 04 2015 Google Trusted Stores program has been in the United States for few years now (see my old blog on Google Trusted Store 101) and come March 2015, Google has drastically changed the program. Keep in mind, this new [...]
In previous blog, I discussed about checklist items to look at when moving from HTTP to HTTPS for technical and SEO reasons. In this second part of the HTTPS discussion, I’ll focus on impact of HTTPS on the referral data within Analytics platform such as Google Analytics. What will happen to your SEO traffic? Here [...]
Moving to Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol? What needs to be reviewed? Google’s move to HTTPS On August 06, 2014, Google disclosed HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure) is a ranking factor in SEO, rather unconventionally. Ever since, SEOs have started to wonder if moving to HTTPS is the right way to go mainly for SEO [...]
(Understanding level: Advanced. This blog is not for faint of heart who are afraid to mess around with web.config files. Disclaimer: Incorrectly updating web.config can take your entire website down. So always take a backup before you start to edit web.config file.) How to successfully create custom URL structure within WordPress on IIS in a [...]
Is Product Listing Ads (PLAs) now the mainstream over AdWords? Early 2013, when Product Listing Ads were just being launched, I had predicted that eventually PLAs will catch up and take over the text ads. Looks like that time has come in less than 18 months. Recently, AdGooRoo reported data from 20 big PPC spenders [...]
Questions today are simple: What’s the role of a Brand in marketing a product? How does quality of a particular product relate to its brand? While doing some research to answer these questions, I found this very interesting
It’s rare that we get clear evidence of how Google works. Here is a theory: We know that higher page-load-time is not good for any website specially large eCommerce sites. Higher page load time normally will: Increases bounce rate Reduces conversion rate Impacts revenue Decreases SERP All of the above and _______ ?! In addition to [...]
- 3 PPC Crimes – SEM Blunders To Avoid February 21, 2013
- Social Content Distribution for SEO with Marty Weintraub September 30, 2013
- 7 Steps for Best Meta Descriptions for eCommerce Websites April 21, 2014
- Brand Power: Importance of Brand vs Quality of Product October 20, 2014
- Differences in AdWords Search Volume and WebMaster Tools Search Queries March 7, 2013
- Will HTTP vs HTTPS Duplicate Content Hurt SEO? May 4, 2015
- Helping Nepal Earthquake Victims Through Save One Life April 29, 2015
- Google Trusted Store: Simplified Integration for US Merchants March 4, 2015
- Impact of HTTPS on Referral Data in Analytics February 13, 2015
- HTTPS and SEO February 12, 2015
- brandpower: Good informative article....
- Suzen Pettit: great stuff...
- admin: Test. Test....
- admin: Testing...
- saiful: Thanks for helpful information....
Follow @uj2wal on Twitter